9 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Soak in the scenery and history of the Great Wall of China at Jinshanling during a day hike with a professional guide. Get away from the crowds as you walk along this 3.7-mile (6-km) section of the Great Wall, passing 15 guard towers while crossing from Jinshanling to Simatai West. Observe the natural beauty of the landscape and the architectural marvels of the Ming Dynasty-era wall during your hike, which takes approximately four hours to complete. Includes round-trip transportation from Beijing, guide, and entrance fees.
- Full-day hiking tour to Great Wall of China at Jinshanling, from Beijing
- Hike from Jinshanling to Simatai West with an experienced guide
- Admire the mountain scenery while walking along a remote 3.7-mile (6-km) part of the Great Wall of China
- Check out 15 guard towers along the route
- Learn about the Ming Dynasty and why the Great Wall was built
- Includes guide, entrance fees, and round-trip transport from Beijing
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
Entrance fee of Jinshanling Great Wall
One bottle of water
Pick-up from Exit C of Zhang Zi Zhong Lu metro Station on Line 5
Cable car fee at Great Wall
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Dongsi Subdistrict, Beijing, Dongcheng, Beijing, China
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please prepare your own lunch and snacks for the hike
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Passport name, number, date of birth, gender, and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes or sneakers; Sunscreen, water, hat are highly recommended to bring
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Beijing Downtown Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 12459P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursHikingExtremeFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBeijing4WD Tours - Northern ChinaSporting Events - Northern ChinaBus Tours - Northern ChinaHiking - Northern ChinaExtreme - Northern ChinaFull-day Tours - Northern China4WD Tours - TianjinSporting Events - TianjinBus Tours - TianjinHiking - TianjinExtreme - TianjinFull-day Tours - Tianjin4WD Tours - DatongSporting Events - DatongBus Tours - DatongHiking - DatongExtreme - DatongFull-day Tours - DatongCategory
Beijing Aquarium (Beijing Haiyangguan)Gubei Water TownSt. Joseph's ChurchChaoyang ParkPrince Gong Mansion (Gong Wang Fu)Temple of Earth (Ditan Park)National Art Museum of China (NAMOC)Chaoyang TheatreMeridian Gate (Wumen)China Aviation Museum (Datangshan Museum)Hall of Prayer for Good HarvestWild Duck Lake National Wetland Park (Yeyahu)National Center for the Performing Arts (NCPA)Old Summer Palace (Yuanming Yuan)Dingling Tomb (Mausoleum of Emperor Wanli)Liyuan TheatreJingshan Park (Jingshan Gongyuan)Huangyaguan Great Wall (Great Wall at Huangya Pass)Beihai Park (Beihai Gongyuan)New Silk Alley Market (Xiu Shui)