6 to 7 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
If you have a layover in Beijing, don’t just wait around at the airport: take the opportunity to explore the city. This private, flexible layover tour will ensure that you see some of Beijing’s highlights before your next flight. You can choose your own activities to suit your fancy, whether it’s the Summer Palace, Forbidden City or Tiananmen Square. Discover Beijing’s rich history and culture and enjoy the comfort of your own private tour.
- No need to navigate transport from the airport: get picked up and dropped off at the hotel
- Families are welcome, and discounts provided for children
- This is a private tour for you and your group
- Travel in comfort in an air-conditioned vehicle
Saved to wishlist!
Private, well-conditioned vehicle with airport pickup & drop-off service.
Well-tranined English-speaking guide.
Admission ticket(the first entrance)
Free bottled water in the vehicle
Gratuities (RMB100-200 if you enjoy our service)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
1. It normally take about 1.5-2 hours to get out of airport, so please select the suitable pick up time base on your flight arrival time accordingly.
2. You will be picked up from Beijing capital airport (outside baggage claim), or hotels close to capital airport(in the lobby), or hotels in Beijing city center (in the lobby), or Beijing train stations (at exit gate ).
- Capital Airport, Shunyi, Beijing 101300 China
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- As Summer Palace opens from 6:30am to 6pm and Forbidden City opens from 8:30am to 3:30pm, so please make sure your flight arrival time to Beijing is no later than 10am and the flight depart Beijing no earlier than 16:00.
- A current valid passport is required for security check to Tiananmen area
- It require at least 11 more hours layover between the two flights to make this tour availabe.
- If you are not able to go through customs for any reasons, please take your own responsibility. There is no refund for the same day cancellation
- Visa Process: 1) Arrive in Beijing and get off the plane. 2) Follow signs to baggage claim, then you will find China immigration inspection. 3) Apply 24-144 hours visa(fill out a long white form beforehand) 4) After get visa, walk back to the regular line for immigration clearance. 5) Walk outside baggage claim to find your driver. 6) Driver will hold your name sign outside baggage claim.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Beijing Short Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during 6-7 Hours Beijing Summer Palace and Forbidden City Layover Tour ?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during 6-7 Hours Beijing Summer Palace and Forbidden City Layover Tour ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during 6-7 Hours Beijing Summer Palace and Forbidden City Layover Tour ?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during 6-7 Hours Beijing Summer Palace and Forbidden City Layover Tour ?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursLayover Tours Private & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBeijingBus Tours - Northern ChinaLayover Tours - Northern ChinaBus Tours - TianjinLayover Tours - TianjinBus Tours - DatongLayover Tours - DatongCategory
Great Wall from Jinshanling to SimataiJingshan Park (Jingshan Gongyuan)Chairman Mao Memorial Hall (Maozhuxi Jinian Tang)Monument to the People’s HeroesGreat Wall at JiankouBeijing National StadiumNational Center for the Performing Arts (NCPA)Qianmen StreetYandai Byway (Yandai Xiejie)Drum Tower (Gulou)Juyongguan Great Wall (Great Wall at Juyong Pass) New Silk Alley Market (Xiu Shui)Huguang Guild HallCuandixia Village St. Joseph's ChurchBeijing Zoo Great Wall at BadalingGubei Water TownCCTV HeadquartersLongqingxia Ravine