- 4-hour private Bay of Islands tour from Paihia
- Admire views of Haruru Falls, Wharepuke Falls, and the Bay of Islands
- Visit the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, one of New Zealand’s most important historic sites
- Discover the bay’s Maori heritage at Rewa‘s Village
- Sample New Zealand’s Syrah and Chardonnay wines at a Kerikeri winery
- Great-value tour includes hotel or port pick-up, and round-trip transport
- This private tour can be customized to your interests and ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 5 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
As you journey around the bay, stop to take photos of natural wonders such as the Haruru Falls and the Rainbow Falls; admire the Stone Store & Kemp House (Kerikeri Mission Station) in Kerikeri, two of the country’s oldest buildings; and take a peek at the historic wooden church of St James. Take a stroll along the Kerikeri River to see the Wharepuke Falls, pause to soak up the views across the Bay, then pay a visit to Rewa‘s Village, a full-scale replica of a pre–European Māori fishing village, where you can learn more about the region’s rich Maori heritage.
After a morning exploring the Bay of Islands, enjoy a scenic drive through the Kerikeri vineyards, as your guide talks about the region’s long winemaking history and how it became the foundation of New Zealand’s wine industry. Along the way, stop at a local winery to stroll the vineyards, peek into the wine cellars, and sample an array of Chardonnays, Pinot Gris and Viogniers. Winery visits can be customized to your preferences, and you could also choose to tuck into a delicious lunch (own expense) at one of the wineries.
After lunch, your tour ends with drop-off back at your Paihia hotel or cruise port.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Kernhem Group (NZ)
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff