Explore our promoted experiences
- Scenic helicopter flights over the Bay of Islands
- For a unique experience, choose one of the Hole in the Rock landing options
- See the iconic natural formation of the Hole in the Rock
- Get bird's-eye views of the historic townships of Russell, Paihia and Waitangi
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Select one of three options at booking: a 20-minute scenic flight, a 35-minute tour that includes a Hole in the Rock landing or a 1-hour experience with a short nature walk upon landing.
Scenic Helicopter Flight: (20 minutes)This Bay of Islands helicopter tour soars over the historic townships of Russell, Paihia and Waitangi, and above crystal-clear waters and island beaches. Hover above the Hole in the Rock, a natural feature at Cape Brett that can only be accessed by air or water.
Hole in the Rock Landing: (35 minutes)Fly over the Bay of Islands before landing on the helipad atop the Hole in Rock, where you can exit the helicopter for 15 minutes. Take photos of the surrounding cliffs and natural features before returning to Pahia by helicopter.
Hole in Rock Landing and Walk: (60 minutes)Your Bay of Islands helicopter flight lands atop the Hole in the Rock for a short walk with a Maori guide. Learn about the region’s historical, cultural and ecological significance, and revel in the fact that few people have visited the rock island this way before.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All flights require a MINIMUM of 2 PASSENGERS to confirm, single passengers may need to be waitlisted pending further bookings
- Please also request what departure time you prefer - we will endeavour to confirm a time close this as possible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- OPERATED BY Salt Air Limited
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands