- 2-hour tall ship sailing cruise on Bay of Islands
- Round-trip ferry ticket to Russell included
- Shared antipasto platter
- Drinks available at the cash bar
Departure & Return
At the Russell Wharf
What To Expect
Then step aboard the R. Tucker Thompson, an iconic tall ship of the Northland. You'll set sail for the inner Bay of Islands while you help an expert hoist the sails. Once underway you're served a shared antipasto platter. Purchase a drink from the cash bar and marvel at the beauty of a traditionally rigged vessel under sail.
If you're feeling adventurous, there's time to slip into a harness and climb up the rigging. For the more romantically inclined, head out to the bowsprit and create your own memories. Perhaps sip a glass of wine while watching the sunset.
When your 2-hour cruise concludes, you're free to dine in one of the many restaurants in the historical village of Russell and return by ferry to Paihia at your leisure.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 47 travelers
- OPERATED BY R. Tucker Thompson
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands