Explore our promoted experiences
- Private full-day Glacier Express train tour from Basel
- Explore the Old Town of Chur on a private guided walking tour
- Wind through Switzerland’s ‘Grand Canyon,’ picturesque valleys, and soaring peaks
- Climb to 6,669 feet (2,033 meters) at the Oberalp Pass
- Round-trip transport from and to Basel, with hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
The capital of the Graubünden canton and reputedly Switzerland’s oldest town, this pretty, mountain-framed city is one of the stops of the Glacier Express train.
On arrival, enjoy a private walking tour of the Old Town, delving into the cobbled lanes lined with medieval townhouses, churches, and fountains.
Afterward, head for the railway station to catch the Glacier Express train between Chur and Brig. Settle into a pre-arranged seat and admire the spectacular views on one of Europe’s most scenic rail journeys. If you wish, use the onboard headphones for commentary on the sights.
Absorb the scenery as you pass through the ‘Swiss Grand Canyon,’ an epic part of the Rhine gorge where the river carves through rocks.
Feel the train’s cogwheels engage as it climbs from 5,249 feet (1,600 meters) to 6,669 feet (2,033 meters) — your journey’s highest point — at the Oberalp Pass. Then, descend to 4,724 feet (1,440 meters) for a 20-minute stop at Andermatt, where you have time to disembark for photos.
Continue through the 9.3-mile (15-kilometer) Furka Pass tunnel and picturesque Goms Valley past traditional villages, pastures, and high mountain peaks.
Two hours from Andermatt, leave the train at Brig and enjoy a stroll around the pedestrianized quarter including its central square, stately houses, and baroque Stockalper Palace.
Then, catch an inter-city train via the Alps, Lake Thun, and Bern to Basel, where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY SwissTravelGuide.ch
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands