To limit the spread of the coronavirus, attractions may be closed or have partial closures. Please consult government travel advisories before booking. The WHO is closely monitoring the coronavirus and more information can be found here.
9 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Spend a day in Montserrat ahiking the mountainous terrain and exploring religious shrines. Start with a visit to Santa Maria de Montserrat, a Benedictine abbey featuring a statue of the Black Madonna (La Moreneta) in the 16th-century basilica. Then ride the funicular and gain 1,476 feet (450 meters) in elevation, with the option to climb to one of the most iconic peaks. Instead of riding the funicular back down, enjoy a hike through the mountains. Lunch and round-trip transport are provided from Barcelona on this small-group tour, limited to eight people.
- Montserrat day trip from Barcelona
- Visit the Santa Maria de Montserrat with a knowledgeable guide
- Ride the glass-roof funicular up the mountain and hike down
- Lunch and round-trip transport included
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures personalized attention
Saved to wishlist!
Special pricing for children
Transport by private vehicle
Funicular up to St. Joan (Funicular down not included. We will return hiking))
1 liter of water
Energy snack and picnic lunch
4-hour hike through the natural park
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointCarrer de Provença, 279, 08037 Barcelona, Spain
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Maximum of 8 travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Required items: Mountain walking shoes (not mountain sandals), warm clothing (winter), sunscreen and cap (summer)
- Lunch and water is included but it is recommended to bring snacks and drinks if you think you will need them
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- St. Joan funicular railway will be out of service from November 2017 to March 2018
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- OPERATED BY Trescant, S.C.P.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 14014P2
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursRail ToursBus ToursSporting EventsHikingExtremeFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingBarcelona4WD Tours - CataloniaRail Tours - CataloniaBus Tours - CataloniaSporting Events - CataloniaHiking - CataloniaExtreme - CataloniaFull-day Tours - Catalonia4WD Tours - TarragonaRail Tours - TarragonaBus Tours - TarragonaSporting Events - TarragonaHiking - TarragonaExtreme - TarragonaFull-day Tours - Tarragona4WD Tours - GironaRail Tours - GironaBus Tours - GironaSporting Events - GironaHiking - GironaExtreme - GironaFull-day Tours - GironaCategory
Barcelona Pavilion (Pabellon Mies van der Rohe) Ciutat Vella (Old Town)GraciaBarceloneta BeachBotanical Garden of BarcelonaLabyrinth Park of Horta (Parc del Laberint d'Horta)RCDE StadiumMontserrat MountainLlobregat Delta (Delta del Llobregat)El RavalValltordera Medieval Castle (Castell Medieval de Valltordera)Teatre PolioramaNova Icaria Beach (Platja de la Nova Icaria)Oller del MasL'Escolania de MontserratEl BornFrança Railway Station (Estació de França)Dalí Theatre-Museum (Teatro-Museo Dalí)Tibidabo Amusement Park (Parc d'Atraccions Tibidabo)Icebarcelona