- Enjoy a memorable tour to the Death Railway and infamous Bridge Over the River Kwai
- See the Allied Kanchanaburi War Cemetery and the JEATH War Museum
- Take an exhilarating long tailed boat ride along the Kwai River to the famous bridge
- Pickup and drop off at selected Bangkok hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We Pick up from all hotels in the city center of Bangkok.
Departure Time: 7:00 am
Pick up Time: Pick up from Bangkok city hotels 10 - 45 minutes prior to the departure time
Return point: Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:00pm.
Remarks: Please be aware that the pick-up for this tour is included and covers all the hotel located in the following areas: (Silom Road, Thai Cultural Centre, Phaya Thai, Huai Khang, Bang Rak, Sathorn, Surawong Road, Rajdamri Road, Ram Buttri Chana Songkhram, Luangsuan Road, Khaosan Road)
For hotel pick-ups outside of this area, an additional charge may be applied or a closer meeting point pick-up may be suggested to you by our Team upon reception of your booking.
What To Expect
Start your full-day tour with pickup from selected hotels in Bangkok, then travel by comfortable coach to the town of Kanchanaburi. Journey through the Thai countryside where sugarcane, rice paddies, and pineapple plantations fill significant portions of the rural landscape.
Visit graves of the Allied Forces on a tour of the Kanchanaburi War Cemetery before a look at historical photographs and paintings at the JEATH War Museum—prepare for an emotionally moving experience at both sites.
Learn about the building of the infamous bridge that was to link a direct railway line from Bangkok to Rangoon in an effort to support the Japanese occupation of Burma (now Myanmar) in 1943. An exhilarating long-tailed speedboat ride takes you down the Kwai River to the bridge, where you have ample time to explore on your own. Then hop aboard the ‘Death Railway’ for a memorable—and scenic—ride.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Boat ride is not wheelchair accessible
- Restroom facilities available
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the unlikely event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Optional extras on train - approx. 200baht for upgrade on train which will guarantee seat (otherwise 'first-in-best-dressed') plus cold towel, drinking water OR approx. 300baht for upgrade on train which will guarantee seat (otherwise 'first-in-best-dressed') plus tea/coffee, drinking water, cold towel and certificate.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tour East Thailand
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Bridge on the River Kwai and Thailand-Burma Railway Tour.