- Half-day trip to the Damnoen Saduak floating markets from Bangkok
- Take an exhilarating ride in a traditional Thai long-tailed speedboat
- Discover ancient canal ways built by King Rama IV in the 19th-century
- Explore the famous floating markets of Damneoen Saduak with your guide
- Marvel at the varied produce for sale at the markets and perhaps make a purchase or two
- Tour includes round-trip travel by air-conditioned coach from your Bangkok hotel (if option selected)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We Pick up from all hotels in the city center of Bangkok.
Departure Point: Pick up from Bangkok city hotels 20 - 45 minutes prior to the departure time.
Return point: Returns back to your hotel.
Remarks: Please be aware that the pick-up for this tour is included and covers all the hotel located in the following areas: (Silom Road, Thai Cultural Centre, Phaya Thai, Huai Khang, Bang Rak, Sathorn, Surawong Road, Rajdamri Road, Ram Buttri Chana Songkhram, Luangsuan Road, Khaosan Road)
For hotel pick-ups outside of this area, an additional charge may be applied or a closer meeting point pick-up may be suggested to you by our Team upon reception of your booking.
What To Expect
Before arriving at the market, stop at a coconut sugar pfarm to learn about the fabrication process and sample sweet candies.
Once you arrive at Damnoen Saduak, transfer to a long-tailed speedboat for a thrilling ride through marshes lined with stilt houses en route to the markets. Your guide shares information and answers any questions you have about what you're seeing along the way.
Comb through stalls of freshly picked produce, handmade sweets, and colorful souvenirs. Witness local traders going about their daily routines and purchase items to take home. You can opt to take a trip on a local boat (additional cost) through a network of canals for an even closer look at these unique markets.
Once you’ve finished at the markets, cruise back to your air-conditioned coach for a drive through the salt fields of Samut Sakhon province. Travel back to your original departure point in Bangkok.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Please Note: the longtail boat ride to Damnoen Saduak Floating Market will be 20-30 minutes
- You will have approximately 2 hours to spend at the market. Please allow 6 hours for the whole day.
- For Option without hotel pickup: All guests must make their way to the Narai Hotel, 222 Silom Road Bangkok and meet at the Tour East Desk for 06:45 AM. Please be aware that the bus will leave at 07:00 AM.
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Infants seats are available upon request
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tour East Thailand
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Floating Markets Day Trip from Bangkok.
- "Decent enough short day but just another Thai/Chinese market really." See review
- "My advice would be to skip the boat ride (they literally take you only thru the souvenir area and go so slow that 2 turns takes the whole 30 minutes)." See review
- "Pickup was super early but in Bangkok you just have to do that to avoid traffic." See review