Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Explore the canals and the inspiring temples of Bangkok on this majestic tour
- Visit the Grand Palace and see the Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho
- Travel by longtail boat through the canals of Bangkok, also known as the 'Venice of the East'
- Enjoy an intimate experience with a small group limited to 12 people
Departure & Return
Inside Sanam Chai MRT station at the bottom of the escalators of Exit 1 (Museum Siam). If you come by taxi please enter the MRT station in the grounds of Museum Siam and go down 2 sets of escalators.
What To Expect
Next up is a longtail boat for a trip down the Chao Phraya River, translated as the River of Kings. Explore the khlongs (canals) of Bangkok and get a glimpse into the past as you learn about what was once a vast network providing transport throughout the city once known as the 'Venice of the East.’
Continue on to Wat Pho for a guided tour of this impressive temple complex. Home to the Reclining Buddha, the largest reclining Buddha image in Bangkok, Wat Pho was the country’s first public university and still functions as a center of learning for traditional Thai massage and medicines.
From here, you can continue exploring on your own or your guide can assist you in getting a taxi or public transport back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Dress standard: Dress requirements to enter the Grand Palace are very strict. Please ensure your clothes cover your shoulders and waist (scarves or shawls worn over sleeveless tops are not permitted). Trousers must be ankle-length, and skirts below the knee. Please do not wear ripped, torn or see-through clothes or items that are very tight fitting such as yoga pants or leggings. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot and humid Bangkok climate.
- Closure of sites: The order of touring and route of the khlong (canal) tour may change depending on the water levels in the river and individual khlongs.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: This tour hires local longtail boatmen who own their own boats directly. These boatmen rely on tourism to supplement their income as modern transport routes mean fewer locals need to use their boats.
- Most travelers can participate
- As the Delta variant of COVID-19 has proven to be highly transmissible and poses significant increased safety risk, effective September 1, 2021, travellers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures Thailand
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Lonely Planet Experiences: Grand Palace, Wat Pho & Chao Phraya Canal Cruise.