- 3-day tour of western Thailand, round-trip from Bangkok by minivan
- Cross the famous bridge over the River Kwai
- Take a saamlaw (tricycle rickshaw) tour around Kanchanaburi
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures personal attention from your guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Your short break adventure will start with pick up from your hotel on day one between 8:00am and 9:00am. If you require pick up from another hotel please inform your agent at least 14 days prior to departure.
You do not need to reconfirm your pick up details if you have advised your hotel details in advance or if you have booked pre accommodation with us. Please check your Intrepid travel itinerary for your booking details.
Should you need to contact our local office for any last minute hotel pick up changes,
We can organise pre and post accommodation at the following hotel:
Nouvo City Hotel
2 Samsen Rd, Banglumphu
Royal Princess Larn Luang Hotel
269 Larn Luang Road, Pomprab
Siam Champs Elyseesi Hotel
160 Ratchadamnoen Klang Tai Road, Wat Borworn
Intrepid can assist with pre-booking an arrival transfer from the airport - enquire with your agent. Please advise your flight arrival details at least 14 days prior to your departure.
If you have pre-booked an arrival transfer you will be met after exiting the Customs Hall. A transfer representative holding an Intrepid sign will meet you at Exit Door 4. If you cannot find your transfer representative, please go to the ATTA Counter (Association of Thai Travel Agents) near Exit Door 6. Ask them to call our transfer provider, World Travel Idea,
Metered taxis are available outside the airport entrance on the 1st floor. Exit the Customs Hall, go down to the 1st floor and leave the airport at Gate 3, 4, 7 or 8. You will find a table with a “metred taxis” sign. The taxi fare will be the metred fare plus a surcharge of THB50-THB75 (depending on the driver’s use of toll roads). The total fare will be approx. THB400. Pre-paid taxis are also available, where you will be given a docket to pay the driver a set price of THB700. Please avoid taxi touts who tell you that they have a metered taxi parked outside the airport.
What To Expect
You’ll travel with a small group by minivan, round-trip from Bangkok, and stay two nights in Kanchanaburi with 2–3-star accommodation (including two breakfasts and two lunches).
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Accommodation is based on the amount of people on the one booking. Solo traveller will pay single price and companions travelling togethr will pay twin share price.
- Travel insurance that covers medical expenses, including emergency repatriation, is required to participate on this tour; proof of insurance must be shown to tour leader on the first day
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Please note that you MUST include the details of your Bangkok hotel at the time of booking; if this has not been settled prior to booking your trip, you must contact the local tour operator at least 48 hours in advance with this information (contact info will be provided on your confirmation voucher)
- The following information is required upon booking:
- Full name and date of birth
- Passport number and country of issue
- Passport issue date and expiry date
- Existing medical conditions and/or dietary requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Intrepid Group
If you cancel at least 56 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 25 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 30 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 31 and 55 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by 3-Day River Kwai: Bangkok, Ayutthaya, Kanchanaburi and Thai-Burma Death Railway.