Explore our promoted experiences
- 6 hour tour through Van Gogh’s Provence, from Avignon
- Follow in Vincent van Gogh’s footsteps with your guide
- Discover Van Gogh mental hospital in Saint-Remy de Provence
- Entrance to Van Gogh’s recreated bedroom at Saint-Paul de Mausole
- Tour includes round-trip travel from Avignon
- Small-group tour ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Meet your guide outside the Tourist Office of Avignon.
What To Expect
Stop in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence to see Saint-Paul-de-Mausole asylum where Van Gogh was institutionalized, this site became a natural subject of his. An optional tour of the asylum where Van Gogh painted his ‘Wheat Field’ series.
Finish your tour in the UNESCO-listed city of Arles. Admire the sleepy beauty of this riverside town, known to many as the landscape for Van Gogh’s famous paintings La maison jaune and Le jardin de l'hotel Dieu. Take some free time to wander the sun-washed streets and view settings of Van Gogh’s famous works like the Cafe Terrace at Night (Le café de nuit).
Your tour ends with return service to your Avignon hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Provence Reservation
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands