- 4- to 5-hour tour through Van Gogh’s Provence, from Avignon
- Follow in Vincent van Gogh’s footsteps with your guide
- Discover Van Gogh mental hospital in Saint-Remy de Provence
- Entrance to Les Carrières de Lumières of Les Baux de Provence and the UNESCO-listed town of Arles
- Tour includes round-trip travel from Avignon
- Small-group tour ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Meet your guide outside the Tourist Office of Avignon.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Stop in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence to see Saint-Paul-de-Mausole asylum where Van Gogh was institutionalized, this site became a natural subject of his. An optional tour of the asylum where Van Gogh painted his ‘Wheat Field’ series (own expense).
Next, head to Les Baux de Provence, a fortified medieval city perched on a rocky hilltop in the Provençal hills. In town, wander the narrow stone streets and explore the town's many original 16th-century houses and main attractions such as the Museum of Santons, Hôtel des Porcelets and St Vincent Church before departing.
You will enjoy the audiovisual show in the Carrieres de Lumieres (Quarry of Light): reproductions of famous paintings are displayed on the walls of the quarry while music is on. The show is closed in January and February, more time will be allowed in the village of Les Baux during this period.
Finish your tour in the UNESCO-listed city of Arles. Admire the sleepy beauty of this riverside town, known to many as the landscape for Van Gogh’s famous paintings La maison jaune and Le jardin de l'hotel Dieu. Take some free time to wander the sun-washed streets and view settings of Van Gogh’s famous works like the Cafe Terrace at Night (Le café de nuit).
Your tour ends with return service to your Avignon hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Provence Reservation
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Van Gogh in Provence Small-Group Day Trip from Avignon.