Explore our promoted experiences
- 4-hour Rhône Valley wine tour from Avignon led by an expert guide
- Discover two significant Rhône Valley appellations: Tavel and Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- Visit a Tavel wine estate and sample its crisp rosé wines
- Learn about the AOC classifications that indicate superior quality wine
- Explore a Châteauneuf-du-Pape wine estate and sample this world-famous wine
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Visit two acclaimed wineries, starting in the Tavel region, where tastings of the estate’s signature rosés are complemented by a stroll through the lovely grounds. Sip on hand-selected wines while learning about the area’s terroir (environmental characteristics), and note the exquisite color and flavor that distinguishes Tavel’s prized wines.
Next, drive east to the world-famous Châteauneuf-du-Pape region, where the prestigious Appellation d'Origine Controlée (AOC) regulations were developed. While at the wine estate, you’ll learn more about the AOC rules that set the standard for fine wine as you stroll through facilities and enjoy a tasting session including several beautiful samples. By the end of the tour, you’ll better understand the rich ecology of the Rhône Valley and the elite art of viticulture in southern France.
Relax on the ride back to Avignon, returning to your hotel by early evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Provence Reservation
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "We recommend this tour for anyone who likes wine and wants to learn more about French wines." See review