- Private tour from Avignon to Luberon
- Journey to the remarkable castles, lavender fields and hill towns of Provence’s Luberon region
- Choose a morning or afternoon tour
- Round-trip transport by private vehicle
- Picture the Abbey of Senanque surrounded by lavender fields.
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Listen to interesting commentary from your private guide on the way to your first stop, Roussillon.
Afterward, head to beautiful Roussillon, a hilltop village within the Parc Naturel Régional du Luberon, marked for its brilliant red stone buildings. Learn about the town’s unique mining history as you view the Sentier des Ocres (Ochre Path), painted in shades of red and yellow. Then continue to Gordes, one of France’s most gorgeous villages. Composed of white stone, this ancient town seems to rise straight from the earth. Picture the scenery that inspired artists like Pablo Picasso and Peter Mayle, author of A Year in Provence. (Gordes photo stop only).
Arrive next at Abbey of Senanque. This abbey from the 12 century represents one of the famous postcard of Provence thanks to the lavander fields around. (blooming time from mid-June to July).
Your 4-hour tour ends with drop-off at your Avignon hotel by early afternoon or evening.
Note: Depending on your tour day, you’ll also stop by the markets of Gordes (Tuesdays) or Roussillon (Thursdays).
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Confirmation of this product will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Provence Reservation
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands