- Learn to ride a Segway in a few easy steps
- Hear the ghostly tales behind Austin's historic buildings
- Look for bats from the huge bat colony at the Congress Avenue Bridge
- See landmarks including the Texas State Capitol building and Austin Convention Center
Departure & Return
We face 12th Street
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Have time to practice the controls for the Segway, then follow your guide into Austin’s streets once you are ready, which generally takes only a few minutes.
Your guide shows your hotels and buildings that are rumored to be haunted and shares their ghostly histories. You'll also stop by landmarks including the The Texas State Capitol Building — an Italian Renaissance Revival-style building with 22 acres (8 hectares) of gardens, Lady Bird Lake, and the165-foot (50 m) high Moonlight Towers, one of the world's only remaining light towers.
Stop at the Congress Avenue Bridge to look for residents of North America’s largest urban bat colony: about 2 million Mexican free-tailed bats that migrate every year to the southwestern United States from central Mexico.
You'll also pass through the 6th Street Entertainment District and hear about Austin's lively music and arts scene. Have time to stop along the way for great photo ops of the highlights of the Texas capital.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Minimum age is 14 years old
- Minimum weight of 100 pounds, max weight of 275 pounds
- All participants must sign a liability waiver
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- OPERATED BY Segway Nation Austin
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
See all safety measures taken by Austin Famous Ghost and Bat Segway Tour.