8 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Spend the day exploring the Waitomo Glowworm caves on this excursion from Auckland. With round-trip transportation provided, you'll have no need to rent a car or puzzle over directions. This must-see attraction is an easy day trip with a thoughtfully-curated itinerary and lots of in-depth commentary from your guide about the biology and behavior of one of New Zealand's most famous natural phenomena.
- Bottled water and snacks provided
- Entrance fees to the caves included
- Small group tour of fewer than 16 people means personalized attention and a chance to ask questions
- Round-trip transportation from Auckland included
Saved to wishlist!
Small Group & Fully Guided Tour
Entry Tickets - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
DVD (available to purchase)
Optional extras and activities - please select the tour option you want at time of booking
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only. If you do not see your pickup location please select the closest one to you to be picked up from. Pick ups start up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).
Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.
Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, Swiss-Belsuites Victoria Park
Group 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.
Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Nesuto Stadium Apartments, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, SO/Auckland
Group 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.
AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland (Hobson Street), ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges Hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.
Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.
Crowne Plaza Auckland, Four Points by Sheraton, Airedale Boutique Suites Auckland, SkyCity Hotel, SkyCity Grand Hotel, YMCA Hostel
Group 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.
Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Haka Lodge Auckland City, Kiwi International Hotel, VR Auckland City (Hobson Street), St Martins Waldorf Apartment Hotel, Tetra Serviced Apartments by Nesuto, YHA Auckland City Backpackers
Passengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.
Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 20 - 30 minutes after the tour start time.
- Auckland Airport (pick up from Butterfly Creek, 10 Tom Pearce Drive)
- Ports Of Auckland (Pick up from M Social Hotel)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum 4 passengers required for tour to run. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Children aged 7 years ad below are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be provided, with 24 hours’ notice.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cheeky Kiwi Travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Waitomo Glowworm Caves Small Group Tour from Auckland ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Waitomo Glowworm Caves Small Group Tour from Auckland ?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Waitomo Glowworm Caves Small Group Tour from Auckland ?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Waitomo Glowworm Caves Small Group Tour from Auckland
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursNature and WildlifeUnderground Tours Walking ToursPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingAucklandShore Excursions - North IslandBus Tours - North IslandNature and Wildlife - North IslandUnderground Tours - North IslandWalking Tours - North IslandPorts of Call Tours - North IslandFull-day Tours - North IslandShore Excursions - Waiheke IslandBus Tours - Waiheke IslandNature and Wildlife - Waiheke IslandUnderground Tours - Waiheke IslandWalking Tours - Waiheke IslandPorts of Call Tours - Waiheke IslandFull-day Tours - Waiheke IslandShore Excursions - TaurangaBus Tours - TaurangaNature and Wildlife - TaurangaUnderground Tours - TaurangaWalking Tours - TaurangaPorts of Call Tours - TaurangaFull-day Tours - TaurangaCategory
Queen StreetAuckland Ferry TerminalTakapuna Museum of Transport and Technology (MOTAT)SheepworldKumeu Wine CountryAlbert ParkAotea SquareDevonportPonsonby Michael Joseph Savage Memorial Park (Savage Memorial)Stardome Observatory & PlanetariumMuriwai BeachBethells Beach New Zealand Maritime MuseumRangitoto IslandHowick Historical Village Great Barrier IslandAuckland Town HallManukau Heads Lighthouse