- Admire the amazing Waitakere Ranges on this afternoon tour from Auckland
- Visit Arataki Center, gateway to the Waitakere Ranges
- Breathtaking panoramic views of the Tasman Sea to the Pacific Ocean
- Hotel pickup and drop off from centrally located Auckland hotels
Departure & Return
If you have not confirmed an inner city hotel pick up with us then our central meeting point is SkyCity Grand Hotel (90 Federal Street). However you must confirm with us that you are meeting us at this point before 10am on day of travel. Please call to confirm - freephone 0800 423 224
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Learn about the region’s history from your guide during your visit to Auckland's largest regional park, followed by a drive to the North Island’s wild coastline. Here, walk along the shores of Piha Beach and marvel at the black sand beneath your feet.
Continue to experience the awe-inspiring power of New Zealand’s nature with a short trip to a lush rain forest setting. Enjoy an easy bushwalk along a path through giant tree ferns and as you listen for the calls of local birds. Your expert guide identifies native flora and fauna before returning you to Auckland with drop-off at your hotel.
This tour operator won the Tourism Export Council 2016 Operator of the Year Award.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately with comfortable walking shoes
- The tour is suitable for all ages and abilities
- Although lunch is not included, the tour does stop at a local bakery if you wished to purchase some. Cash is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum TWO adults required for this tour to run.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bush and Beach
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Afternoon Piha Beach and Rainforest Tour from Auckland.