Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Full-day trip to the bird sanctuary on Tiritiri Matangi Island from Auckland
- Join a 1.5-hour guided walk to learn about the bird life and history of Tiritiri Matangi Island
- Have plenty of free time to walk the island’s peaceful trails at your leisure
- Enjoy informative displays and complimentary coffee and tea at the Visitor’s Center
Departure & Return
What To Expect
You’ll have about five hours total on the island. First, listen to a ranger discuss environmental recovery efforts since 1984, which have helped re-establish 12 endangered native bird species and 3 reptile species, including the rare tuatara (a prehistoric lizard).
Opt for an in-depth island tour to learn about resident birds and other wildlife. During the 1.5-hour walk, a guide teaches you to identify various birdcalls. Finish the tour at the visitor center where you can browse through informative exhibits while sipping complimentary tea and coffee.
Alternatively, spend your time exploring the island’s walking trails on your own. Perhaps stop by the lighthouse and, in warmer months, head to Hobbs beach for a swim before the ferry ride back to Auckland.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please bring suitable walking shoes, a light rain jacket, sunscreen, hat, towel and swimwear
- There are no shops on the island. Please bring plenty of water, snacks and lunch
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Fullers360 Experiences & Cruises
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 4 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience