6 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Head out to the Auckland landmark of Rangitoto Island on this evening kayaking tour. After crossing the Waitemata Harbour to Rangitoto, embark on a leisurely walk to the summit to catch the sunset over Auckland and the Waitakere Ranges. You’ll then paddle back in the dark with the help of your guide, taking in the city lights along the way.
- Experience the sunset from the best location in Auckland
- This tour is ideal for adventurous travelers
- All kayaking equipment is provided
- New Zealand-style BBQ dinner is served
Saved to wishlist!
Fully catered with BBQ dinner
Small friendly groups
Suitable for people with littler or no kayaking experience
Top quality sea kayak equipment
Over 20 years of kayaking knowledge
Coffee and/or Tea
Departure & Return
384 Tamaki Drive, St Heliers, Auckland 1071, New Zealand
Auckland Sea Kayaks
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Check your gear and help keep islands Hauraki Gulf pest-free.Protect our wildlife
- Check - your gear for pests such as rodents and insects
- Clean - footwear and gear, removing soil and seeds
- Seal - ensure your gear is zipped up (no open bags)
- Check your gear for pests
- Before you leave the mainland, check and clean your gear.
- Check that your gear is free of rats, mice, ants and skinks - especially camping gear which has ideal places for them to hide when stored.
- Take extra care to clean gear if you have Argentine ants or plague skinks where you live.
- Clean clothing, footwear and camping gear, removing soil and seeds before and after each trip.
- Look out for cleaning stations at the pier and scrub your shoes before boarding.
- Do not bring your pets.
- Pack properly
- Pack food in sealed containers to avoid attracting rodents.
- No open bags or supermarket bags.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Auckland Sea Kayaks
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Sunset kayak tour to Rangitoto Island
6 hours 30 minutes
6 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingNature and WildlifeKayakingWalking & Biking ToursWater SportsOutdoor ActivitiesAucklandHiking - North IslandNature and Wildlife - North IslandKayaking - North IslandHiking - Waiheke IslandNature and Wildlife - Waiheke IslandKayaking - Waiheke IslandHiking - TaurangaNature and Wildlife - TaurangaKayaking - TaurangaCategory
One Tree Hill Tours & TicketsCornwall Park Tours & TicketsOdyssey Sensory Maze Tours & TicketsArataki Visitor Centre Tours & TicketsSilo Park Tours & TicketsAuckland Fish Market Tours & TicketsDevonport Tours & TicketsStonyridge Vineyard Tours & TicketsSculptureum Tours & TicketsGlenbrook Vintage Railway Tours & TicketsManukau Heads Lighthouse Tours & TicketsGreat Barrier Island Tours & TicketsAuckland War Memorial Museum Tours & TicketsMotutapu Island Tours & TicketsParnell Tours & TicketsMuseum of Transport and Technology (MOTAT) Tours & TicketsMt. Victoria Reserve (Takarunga) Tours & TicketsAlbert Park Tours & TicketsSkyWalk Tours & TicketsKumeu Wine Country Tours & Tickets