12 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Known as one of the premier snorkeling locations in the world, Poor Knights Islands is a must-see destination that stands out among New Zealand's most celebrated marine reserves. Outdoor enthusiasts can explore this ecological marvel on this guided tour from Auckland. You can snorkel, katak, and even visit a sea cave in this protected group of islands. And after a busy day of activities, enjoy an included lunch on the boat, and swift travel to and from the city.
- Set out for Poor Knights Islands for touring and water sports, from Auckland
- Avoid the crowds with this small-group experience, capped at 11 travelers
- Get a great value with island tour, snorkeling, kayaking, and lunch included
- Hassle-free hotel pickup and drop-off from select Auckland hotels included
Saved to wishlist!
Small Group and Fully Guided Tour
Souvenirs (available to purchase)
Food and drinks, unless specified
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Optional extras and activities - please select the tour option you want at time of booking
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only. If you do not see your pickup location please select the closest one to you to be picked up from. Pick ups start up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).
Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.
Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, Swiss-Belsuites Victoria Park
Group 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.
Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Nesuto Stadium Apartments, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, SO/Auckland
Group 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.
AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland (Hobson Street), ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges Hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.
Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.
Crowne Plaza Auckland, Four Points by Sheraton, Airedale Boutique Suites Auckland, SkyCity Hotel, SkyCity Grand Hotel, YMCA Hostel
Group 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.
Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Haka Lodge Auckland City, Kiwi International Hotel, VR Auckland City (Hobson Street), St Martins Waldorf Apartment Hotel, Tetra Serviced Apartments by Nesuto, YHA Auckland City Backpackers
Passengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.
Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 20 - 30 minutes after the tour start time.
- Ports Of Auckland (Pick up from M Social Hotel)
- Auckland Airport (Pick up from Butterfly creek)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Children ages 7 years and below are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be provided (with 24 hours notice).
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cheeky Kiwi Travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Poor Knights Small Group Tour & Cruise from Auckland ?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Poor Knights Small Group Tour & Cruise from Auckland ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Poor Knights Small Group Tour & Cruise from Auckland ?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Poor Knights Small Group Tour & Cruise from Auckland ?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Poor Knights Small Group Tour & Cruise from Auckland
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsPorts of Call ToursKayakingSnorkelingWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingAucklandShore Excursions - North IslandPorts of Call Tours - North IslandKayaking - North IslandSnorkeling - North IslandShore Excursions - Waiheke IslandPorts of Call Tours - Waiheke IslandKayaking - Waiheke IslandSnorkeling - Waiheke IslandShore Excursions - TaurangaPorts of Call Tours - TaurangaKayaking - TaurangaSnorkeling - TaurangaCategory
Auckland Ferry Terminal Tours & TicketsSky City Auckland Tours & TicketsStardome Observatory & Planetarium Tours & TicketsOne Tree Hill Tours & TicketsSkyJump Tours & TicketsAuckland Fish Market Tours & TicketsHowick Historical Village Tours & TicketsKelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE® Aquarium Tours & TicketsMuseum of Transport and Technology (MOTAT) Tours & TicketsDevonport Tours & TicketsManukau Heads Lighthouse Tours & TicketsMichael Joseph Savage Memorial Park (Savage Memorial) Tours & TicketsSkyWalk Tours & TicketsParnell Tours & TicketsAotea Square Tours & TicketsNorth Head Historic Reserve (Maungauika) Tours & TicketsOdyssey Sensory Maze Tours & TicketsBethells Beach Tours & TicketsAuckland War Memorial Museum Tours & TicketsCoast-to-Coast Walkway Tours & Tickets