- Matakana Coast Food and Wine Tour
- Taste delicious honeys and try mead (honey wine)
- Enjoy wine tastings at local vineyards
- Relax over lunch in the glasshouse at Brick Bay Wines
- Wander the Brick Bay Sculpture Park to view an array of sculptures among the native NZ bush
- Try the delectable handmade chocolates at Chocolate Brown
Departure & Return
Please wait at the entrance to The Grand by SkyCity - we don't always pick up from here so please confirm with us if you are going to be meeting us here at least 24 hours prior to the tours departure date.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Continue your wine tasting at a local winery, where your guide points out the complex aromas, flavors and textures of award-winning wines.
Visit Brick Bay Wines and their Sculpture Trail for a wine-tasting and art extravaganza. Sensitively sited along an easy walking trail, around 45 carefully chosen sculptures are given room to breathe in a stimulating interaction between the natural environment and the artistic impulse.
Returning to Brick Bay’s Glass House, sample their handcrafted wines followed by a delicious platter lunch made from many locally-sourced ingredients as you reflect on your experience of ‘art and wine entwined’ at Brick Bay.
Next, tantalize your taste buds at Chocolate Brown with a sampling of decadent handmade chocolates along with a refreshing tea or coffee.
Finally (time allowing), stop at the Parry Kauri Park and view some spectacular Kauri trees in a magnificent bush setting before completing your full-day tour with the return to Auckland and drop-off at your hotel.
Please note: due to seasonality, winery tours and lunch venue are subject to change.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bush and Beach
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands