1 hour 15 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Take the plunge and come face-to-face with one of nature’s most effective killing machines. Go beneath the waters of Auckland’s Gulf Harbour in Kelly Tarlton’s “predator tank”, snorkelling safely inside an enclosed mesh-walled cage. Joined by experienced instructors, enjoy an adrenaline-pumping close encounter with several formidable shark species, including tiger sharks, school sharks, Wobbegong sharks and more.
- Get closer than any conventional aquarium experience by getting into the water
- No diving experience necessary: instruction and all equipment provided
- Enjoy an exclusive, behind-the-scenes peek at the aquarium’s operations
- Relive the encounter: videos of your experience included in the package
Saved to wishlist!
Shark Cage Experience
Videos of your experience
Spring suit, booties, mask & snorkel
General Admission to SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's
Hotel pickup and drop off
Food and drinks (available to purchase on-site)
Souvenir Photos (available to purchase on-site)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Shark Cage:
- Confirmation will be based on availability
- Minimum height of 4ft 3in (1.3m).
- 17 years and under must be accompanied by a prearranged guardian aged 18 years or over.
- 17 years and under must have a signed parental or a legal guardian consent.
- Closed toes shoes are required, bookings essential.
- General Admission:
- Photography is allowed, however use of flashbulbs around the animals is prohibited
- Open from 9:30am to 5:00pm (last entry at 4.00pm)
- NOTE: Refunds CANNOT be offered for guests who book but do not meet the criteria for participation.
- NOTE: If you are pregnant you will not be allowed to participate in this Animal Adventure.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on sanitization during SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium Shark Cage Experience?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium Shark Cage Experience?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium Shark Cage Experience?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium Shark Cage Experience
1 hour 15 minutes
1 hour 15 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeAttractions & MuseumsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesAucklandNature and Wildlife - North IslandAttractions & Museums - North IslandNature and Wildlife - Waiheke IslandAttractions & Museums - Waiheke IslandNature and Wildlife - TaurangaAttractions & Museums - TaurangaCategory
DevonportSculptureumCoast-to-Coast Walkway Auckland Harbour Bridge ClimbAotea SquareAuckland Town HallMotutapu IslandMuriwai BeachPiha BeachQueen StreetPonsonby Manukau Heads Lighthouse Takapuna One Tree HillHowick Historical Village Viaduct HarbourGreat Barrier IslandStonyridge VineyardSt Patrick's CathedralSheepworld