- Explore the underwater world at Kelly Tarlton's Sea Life Aquarium
- Get up close to the majestic King and playful Gentoo penguins
- Travel through the shark tunnel as the sharks swim over-head
- See the largest jelly fish display in New Zealand
- Shark Dive Xtreme, cage free dives. No experience necessary
- Shark cage, face-to-face encounter with a shark.
What To Expect
With more than 30 exhibits in nine themed zones, Kelly Tarlton’s SEA LIFE Aquarium showcases 80 marine species including a live jellyfish, spiny sea dragons and the world’s largest species of stingray. Little ones can hold a crab or touch a starfish at the hands-on Rockpool Experience.
Experience the icy landscapes of the Southern Ocean at the Antarctic Encounter, home to the world’s largest sub-Antarctic penguin colony display. The walk-through exhibit allows visitors to come close to king and long-tailed gentoo penguins.
Watch sharks swim overhead in the translucent Shark Tunnel and, if you dare, upgrade for a shark diving experience.
Shark Cage DiveExperience a thrilling shark encounter in a specialized pool. After a safety briefing, snorkel with the sharks as you’re secured in a shark cage.
Shark Dive X-tremeFor the true adrenaline junkie, take the ultimate cage-free dive to the extreme and come face-to-face with the great predators of the deep sea. No experience is necessary.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Photography is allowed, however use of flashbulbs around the animals is prohibited
- Opens Thursday to Monday, closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Open from 9:30am to 5:00pm (last entry at 4.00pm)
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Child 15 years and under must enter with an adult over 16 years of age
- We politely request that you refrain from visiting our aquarium should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- OPERATED BY SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's General Admission.