12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Saved to wishlist!
Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
Complimentary refreshments and water on board
A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
Admission to 2 hour fully guided experience at Hobbiton movie set
Complimentary Hobbiton beverages -Ale, cider, ginger beer or an English beer
Admission to Whakarewarewa Maori Living Village with cultural show
Admission to the buried Village of Te Wairoa
Access to Te Wairoa Trail and Waterfalls
Join the official guided tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set
Listen to fascinating stories from your guide as you explore the 12-acre set
Remarkable 360-degree views of the rolling Kaimai Range
Chance to step into a real The Lord of the Rings film set
See where major scenes were filmed and discover behind-the-scene secrets
Opportunity to have a drink at the cosy Green Dragon Inn
Discover the biggest active geyser in the Southern Hemisphere-Pōhutu Geyser
Explore the walking track to see beautiful lakes, boiling mud-pools, steam vents & bubbling pools
Be entertained by the cultural performance group by way of song and dance
Discover the vibrancy of Māori culture and their fascinating traditions
Enjoy a traditional cooking demonstration
Encounter the award winning Museum of Te Wairoa exhibition
View the extensive collection of excavated objects from the 1800’s
Explore the archaeological sites which reveal the devastation
Take the beautiful waterfall trail which showcases the stunning Te Wairoa Falls
Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
Departure & Return
8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Moderate level of fitness is required and comfortable shoes with a good grip.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, walking shoes, Sun protection, jacket/warm layer, and bring a camera & any essential personal items.
- This is a guided walking tour and sensible walking footwear is recommended.
- You must be able to climb and descend stairs and walk on unpaved or uneven terrain.
- Bring a camera or a phone with camera capability as Hobbiton is the perfect place to get some great travel photos.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- OPERATED BY ExperienceKart
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Hobbiton Movie Set Tour & Rotorua Twin Village Experience?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Hobbiton Movie Set Tour & Rotorua Twin Village Experience?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Hobbiton Movie Set Tour & Rotorua Twin Village Experience?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Hobbiton Movie Set Tour & Rotorua Twin Village Experience?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Hobbiton Movie Set Tour & Rotorua Twin Village Experience
13 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingAucklandBus Tours - North IslandFull-day Tours - North IslandBus Tours - Waiheke IslandFull-day Tours - Waiheke IslandBus Tours - TaurangaFull-day Tours - TaurangaCategory
DevonportAotea SquareStonyridge VineyardAuckland DomainMuseum of Transport and Technology (MOTAT)Motutapu IslandAuckland Ferry TerminalAuckland Art Gallery Toi o TamakiOdyssey Sensory MazeSilo ParkAlbert ParkNorth Head Historic Reserve (Maungauika)One Tree HillAuckland Fish MarketCornwall ParkManukau Heads Lighthouse Queen StreetSculptureumMt. EdenSheepworld