- Full-day combo tour to the Hobbiton Movie Set and Waitomo Glowworm Caves from Auckland
- Enjoy a Kiwi-style lunch
- Includes round-trip transport from Auckland CBD hotels
- Small group limited to 14 ensures personal service
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
All centrally Located Auckland hotels, BNBs, Backpacker Hotels in the Central Business District. Any of the following or others in the Central Business District
Ascotia off Queen
Auckland City Hotel
Auckland Harbour Oaks and Residences
Backpackers-all CBD locations
Haka Hotel & Suites, 2 Day Street (only)
Ibis City (Wyndham)
Metropolis (Avani Metropolis)
Princes Wharf Apartments
Quadrant Hotel & Suites
Quest (all CBD locations)
Sebel (both Viaduct Harbour and Quay West)
Sky City Grand
Sky City Hotel
Star Park Apartments, 30B Swanson St
Star Queen Apartments, 438 Queen Street
Star Victoria Apartments, 64 Federal Street
Swiss bel Suites
VR Auckland City
Waldorf (Nesuto) -all in the Downtown CBD area
What To Expect
After the tour, trade Hobbit trivia with your fellow travelers over a Kiwi-style lunch.
Next, embark on an underground adventure at the famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves, where thousands of tiny worms illuminate caverns thanks to natural phosphorescent properties. Watch the mesmerizing natural light show while gliding through the cave on a boat, and learn about the area’s natural and cultural history from a guide—likely a descendant of the Maori chief who originally discovered the caves. You also explore on foot Cathedral Cove, known for its impressive acoustics.
On the return drive to Auckland, travel through some of the North Island’s most beautiful countryside, following the Waikato River (New Zealand’s longest), and passing both the Maori king’s home at Ngaruawahia and Taupiri, site of a sacred Maori burial ground. The full-day tour concludes with drop-off back at your hotel in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- A maximum of 14 people per booking (We can provide this tour to groups larger than 14 by discussions with Viator and ourselves)
- A small amount of easy walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Auckland Scenic Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Hobbiton Movie Set and Waitomo Glowworm Caves Day Trip from Auckland.