- Travel to New Zealand's rugged west coast on this scenic and relaxing full-day tour from Auckland
- Panoramic views from the Tasman Sea to the Pacific Ocean
- Enjoy a picnic lunch
- Visit the Arataki Center, gateway to the Waitakere Ranges
- See traditional Maori carvings
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Auckland
Departure & Return
If you have not confirmed an inner city hotel pick up with us then our central meeting point is SkyCity Grand Hotel (90 Federal Street). If you are meeting here this will need to be confirmed with us. Please call to confirm the night prior - 0800 423 224
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
From the panoramic decks, enjoy sweeping views of the Tasman Sea extending all the way to the Pacific. View traditional Maori carvings on display while your guide focuses on the natural and cultural heritage of the area.
Continue further west to the coastal rainforest and learn about native flora and fauna unique to New Zealand — 70 percent of which can be found nowhere else in the world. Walk alongside giant tree ferns growing near the stream, then dig your toes in the black sands of one of the region’s notorious beaches, bordered by rocky outcrops.
Enjoy a picnic lunch, served at a scenic location, before continuing your journey to an old-growth forest of giant kauri trees, some of them 1,000 years old. Listen for native birds as you walk among thee majestic giants, then re-board your vehicle for the return to Auckland.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Moderate level of walking ability required.
- Please note: tour includes a minimum of 3x 1 hour walks, including stairs
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers who find stairs challenging
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bush and Beach
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Also alot of the roads are narrow and twisty, so be forewarned if you are prone to motion sickness." See review