- Full-day tour of Auckland with an indigenous Maori guide
- Get a Maori perspective on the history of Auckland and New Zealand
- Learn about Maori myths, legends, and history
- Round-trip hotel transport
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 5 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Be ready for convenient pickup at your Auckland hotel or the cruise port prior to the morning tour time; your exact pickup time will be confirmed by the tour company prior to departure. Step aboard a comfortable tour vehicle with a small group of fellow travelers and an indigenous Maori guide.
Visit significant cultural and historical locations around Auckland, including Maungawhau (Mount Eden) plus Takarunga (Mount Victoria) to see some of Auckland’s ancient volcanoes. Your guide’s commentary will weave Maori culture and traditions with modern-day New Zealand culture to give you the full picture of the country. The small group size allows you to ask as many questions as you like and encourages dialogue.
Midway through the day, stop for a gourmet lunch.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Dress code is smart casual
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements (note min pax number is only 2). In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour does not operate on Christmas Day
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY TIME Unlimited Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms