Explore our promoted experiences
Departure & Return
Meet your guide at the Gandhi Statue at 9:30 AM. Free parking is also available at the MLK Welcome Center. The entrance to the park's parking lot is located on John Wesley Dobbs Avenue (GPS 33°45'32.43"N, 84°22'24.00"W). Enter the coordinates into your unit for driving directions to the park.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Begin the day at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change. The Center features more than 10,000 documents from Dr. King's personal collection and from the civil rights movement. Nearly a million people visit this National Historic Site each year to learn, be inspired, and pay their respects to Dr. King’s legacy.
Then, visit the Atlanta University Center, the largest contiguous consortium of African Americans in higher education in the United States, consisting of four historically black colleges and universities. This is where Dr. King attended university.
Also, visit Dr. King's favorite soul-food restaurant and one of Atlanta’s best-loved diners, the Busy Bee Cafe, for lunch; and the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site, consisting of several buildings, including Dr. King's boyhood home and the original Ebenezer Baptist Church, where he was baptized and where both he and his father were pastors. It is also his final resting place.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers of (4) guest to run tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements in the (Special Reqirements Section) when checking out.
- Tour start time is approximate and can be adjusted for traffic conditions and pick-up schedule
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- OPERATED BY Great Exploration Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands