- Quit puzzling over the train schedules in a foreign country
- Relax with a tried-and-tested itinerary to visit Meteora from Athens
- See the sun go down over the UNESCO-listed Meteora monasteries
- Fit in more activities such as a Meteora hike on the second day
Departure & Return
you will board the train from Athens on your own, using the tickets we will send you via email. Our guide will meet you at Kalabaka train station after your train arrives at Meteora. He will be holding a signboard with your name written on it in the parking lot of Kalabaka train station.
Upon your arrival in Kalambaka, at around 11:30, our English speaking driver will be waiting for youat the train station holding a signboard with your name on it to transfer you to your hotel. Late afternoon the VIP mini bus will pick you up from the hotel to join our 'Meteora Sunset Tour'.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Visit Meteora
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms