5 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Skip the long lines at the iconic Acropolis (ticket price not included), discover the Acropolis Museum, and enjoy a guided walking tour of Athens in just a few hours on this action-packed tour that’s tailor-made for history buffs. Along the way enjoy the single most elegant approach to the Acropolis: a stroll up the pedestrian walkway Dionysiou Areopagitou.
- Experience Ancient Greece’s greatest monument: the Acropolis
- Enjoy skip-the-line access (ticket at own expense) even at peak times
- Explore the new Acropolis Museum with a guide
- Soak up highlights of Athens, including the Changing of the Guards
Saved to wishlist!
English speaking professional guide
Athens guide magazine
Food and drinks
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Entrance fees are not included; payed in cash on the spot
A valid ID or Passport is required for verification of age and nationality at the sites
Departure & Return
Pl. Sintagmatos, Athina 105 63, Greece
Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athina 117 42, Greece
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT BABY STROLLERS. Please have in mind that baby strollers are not allowed on the Acropolis archaeological site and that there is no cloakroom at the side entrance we use to enter. For your own convenience, it is recommended to use a baby pouch instead of a baby stroller.
- Near public transportation
- ENTRANCE FEES (TICKETS) ARE NOT INCLUDED - Please make sure you have enough cash (euros) with you to purchase the tickets. We buy the tickets for you in advance, in order to avoid lining up. Note that we are only allowed by the Museum to pre-buy adult tickets.
- Most travelers can participate
- A valid passport or ID is required for verification at the sites for youths under 25 years of age and any person entitled to reduced entrance at the sites
- Small Group: max. persons per group: for the Acropolis visit 15 - for the Acropolis Museum visit 7
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Athens Walking Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during The Acropolis, Athens Walking City Tour and Acropolis Museum?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during The Acropolis, Athens Walking City Tour and Acropolis Museum?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during The Acropolis, Athens Walking City Tour and Acropolis Museum?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during The Acropolis, Athens Walking City Tour and Acropolis Museum?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingAthensCity Tours - KatakoloWalking Tours - KatakoloHalf-day Tours - KatakoloCity Tours - SantoriniWalking Tours - SantoriniHalf-day Tours - SantoriniCity Tours - IzmirWalking Tours - IzmirHalf-day Tours - IzmirCategory
Panathenaic Stadium (Panathinaiko Stadio) Athens National Archaeological Museum (Ethniko Arxaiologiko Mouseio)Vouliagmeni Lake (Limni Vouliagmenis)Ghika Gallery (Pinakothiki Ghika)PropylaeaMegalo KavouriDora Stratou Greek Dances TheaterAthens War Museum (Polemiko Mouseio)Allou! Fun ParkOnassis Cultural CentreAdrianou StreetParliament Building (Vouli)National Gardens of Athens (Ethnikos Kipos)Acropolis Museum (Museo Akropoleos)Odeon of Herodes Atticus (Odeio Irodou Attikou)Church of Panagia KapnikareaNational Library of Greece (Ethnikí Vivliothíki tis Elládos)Syntagma StationPiraeus Cruise PortGazi