- Private walking tour of the National Archaeological Museum
- See archaeological exhibits including ancient grave stones at the Syntagma Metro station
- See the Academy of Sciences and the Numismatic Museum
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your guide on this special private walking tour
Departure & Return
Inside Syntagma Metro Station. Your guide will be waiting for you with an orange Athens Walking Tours sign inside of the Syntagma metro station, one level down, by the ticket validating machines located underneath the big central hanging clock. Please be at the meeting point by 9:15 am. The tour starts at 9:30 am.
What To Expect
Next, stroll past the Greek Parliament House and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, watched over by the Evzones—the soldiers of Greece’s elite presidential guard.
Walk along bustling El. Venizelos Street, one of Athens’ most elegant avenues, and admire the handsome University of Athens, the Academy of Sciences, and the National Library. See the Numismatic Museum, home to one of the world’s greatest collections of coins, and learn how this beautiful building was once a residence of the acclaimed archaeologist Heinrich Schliemann.
After a quick metro ride, stroll to the National Archaeological Museum, Greece’s largest museum. This vast neoclassical building holds some 200,000 finds from across Greece and is arranged in five collections covering prehistoric times, ancient Greece, the Roman era and other periods.
Let your guide know if there’s anything you particularly want to concentrate on or leave out, and enjoy a fascinating tour of the most interesting objects. Ogle everything from sculptures to pottery and household items as your guide reveals their secrets, and learn about the greatest periods of Greek history and art as you explore.
Your tour finishes after your visit.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- During winter (November 1 to March 31) the latest starting time for tours will be 11:30am due to earlier closing times for archaeological sites and museums
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- The Covid19 Measures set by the Greek Government frequently change. Thus, it is advisable to check local restrictions applicable to indoor and outdoor activities.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Athens Walking Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms