To limit the spread of the coronavirus, attractions may be closed or have partial closures. Please consult government travel advisories before booking. The WHO is closely monitoring the coronavirus and more information can be found here.
4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Indulge your inner foodie on this 4-hour gourmet tasting tour and sample the edible delights of Athens. Take to the streets for a walking tour of Athens’ cafés, markets, delicatessens and street food haunts. Enjoy the undivided attention of your private food-expert guide as you uncover the secrets of Greek cuisine and learn more about the city’s culinary heritage. Stop along the way to sample local treats like sweet donuts, Greek bread and regional cheeses, washed down with Greek wine and freshly brewed coffee.
- Taste a selection of Greek specialties including koulóuria (sesame bread rings) and loukoumades (Greek donuts)
- Explore Varvakios Agora with an expert guide and learn about the city’s culinary history
- Visit specialty food stores to try local produce including wine and organic olive oil
- This private tour ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Saved to wishlist!
Food and drink samples
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointPl. Monastirakiou 6, Athina 105 55, Greece
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Animals or pets allowed
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please make sure you will not eat anything in advance cause the amount of food is plenty.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Athens Walks Tour Company
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Gourmet Food Walking Tour in Athens?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Gourmet Food Walking Tour in Athens?
The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Product code: 5776GOURMET
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursWalking ToursStreet Food Tours Half-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursFood, Wine & NightlifePrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAthensFood Tours - CorinthWalking Tours - CorinthStreet Food Tours - CorinthHalf-day Tours - CorinthFood Tours - VolosWalking Tours - VolosStreet Food Tours - VolosHalf-day Tours - VolosFood Tours - KalamataWalking Tours - KalamataStreet Food Tours - KalamataHalf-day Tours - KalamataCategory
Byzantine & Christian MuseumErechtheionMegalo KavouriPlakaSyntagma Square (Plateia Syntagmatos)Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens (Mitropoli)Cape SounionEugenides Foundation PlanetariumKolonaki Square (Plateia Kolonaki)Psiri Mt. Lycabettus (Lykavittos)Athens War Museum (Polemiko Mouseio)University of AthensOmonoia Square (Plateia Omonoias)Attica Zoological ParkOnassis Cultural CentreNational Gardens of Athens (Ethnikos Kipos)Piraeus Cruise PortPanathenaic Stadium (Panathinaiko Stadio) Monastiraki