- Full-day combo tour of Athens highlights and Cape Sounion
- See modern and ancient Athenian landmarks on a city sightseeing tour
- Visit the sacred, UNESCO-listed sites of the Acropolis
- Optional visit to the New Acropolis Museum
- Includes a typical Greek lunch at a hotel restaurant
- Travel along the coast to spectacular Cape Sounion, home to the Temple of Poseidon
- Coach equipped with air conditioning and onboard Wi-Fi
Departure & Return
Hotel Amalia Athens, Syntagma square, opposite the National Garden
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
No visit to Athens would be complete without a stop at the mighty Acropolis that rises above the city. Walk among its sacred ancient monuments such as the Parthenon, Propylae, Temple of Athena Nike, and Erechtheion, and delve even deeper into the history of the UNESCO World Heritage Site with an optional visit to the New Acropolis Museum.
Rest and recharge with an included lunch of typical Greek cuisine at the Amalia Hotel across from the beautiful National Gardens. In the afternoon, leave the bustle of the city behind and travel along scenic coastal roads past sea coves and beaches like Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza on the way to Cape Sounion. Here, be greeted by spectacular views of the Saronic Gulf and its many islands, with the ancient Temple of Poseidon towering above the Aegean Sea. Explore the archaeological site and learn about the many legends that surrounded it, including a story from The Odyssey in which Menelaus stops at the sanctuary during his return from Troy to bury his helmsman.
Relax on the return coach ride to Athens, where the full-day tour concludes back at your original departure point in the early evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Entrance fees to Acropolis , museum and Temple of Poseidon not included and clients will pay them locally in the bus in order to avoid the lines at sites
- Port or private apartment ot airbnb pick ups are not available
- Vegetarean meal available upon request
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Due to COVID19 protocols all tourists must have smartphones with headphones and charged batteries to listen their guide in the museums and arch. sites due to the social distancies.
- Mask: is mandatory for clients and staff
- Social distancing: Maintain distance of 1.5 meters
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY CHAT Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- "Please be prepared for an uphill fast pace walk to the Acropolis and huge crowds." See review