Departure & Return
Departure Point: Athens Railway Station (Larissa Station) Directions: Take the train to Kalambaka from Athens' Larissa Station. On arrival at Kalambaka, make your way to the outside of the station: the meeting point for your panoramic monastery tour. The minivan for your tour will waiting here and we will hold a sign with your name.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Visitors entering the monasteries must be dressed modestly. Women must wear long skirts and long-sleeved blouses. Men must wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts
- Your train tickets are e-tickets and will be sent to 3 days before the trip
- Supplier is not responsible for any train delays that might affect the duration of the tour. Your guide and minivan will be waiting for you at Kalambaka train station and are guaranteed to return you to the station in time to catch your return train to Athens
- Vegetarian meal option available
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Meteora Thrones -Travel Center
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff