- Combined Athens half-day sightseeing tour and Delphi day trip
- Enjoy lunch in the town of Delphi
- Comfortable journey by air-conditioned coach, local guide and entrance fees included
- Receive a discount by booking this combo tour!
Departure & Return
hotel Amalia Athens, Syntagma square
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Sit back and enjoy the views over Athens’ historical and modern highlights. Circle around Omonia Square and see the Greek Parliament House at Syntagma Square, where the Changing of the Guard takes place. Pass the Panathenaic Stadium, the all-marble arena that was the stage for the first modern Olympic Games in 1896, and then take a guided walking tour of Athens’ Acropolis.
Once the upper city of ancient Athens, this UNESCO-listed complex consists of many magnificent monuments that reflect the glory of the city in classical times. View the Temple of Athena Nike; the Erechtheion, and the stunning Parthenon, and learn about their remnants and treasures at the New Acropolis Museum.
Your morning tour then ends when you bid farewell to your guide.
Delphi Day Trip (Day 1 or Day 2 – your choice): Hop inside your air-conditioned coach in the morning and begin your trip to Delphi, one of Greece’s most famous classical treasures.
As you travel northwest to this important site, situated on the slopes of Mt Parnassus, listen as your guide details its history and how its main temple, dedicated to the god Apollo, was home to the Delphic oracle.
After a stop in the town of Levadia, continue to the winter ski resort of Arachova below Mt Parnassus. Stroll around this pretty town, famous for its flokati woollen rugs, and then drive on to Delphi proper.
Enjoy a guided tour of the ruins, including the 4th-century BC Temple of Delphi where the oracle — a priestess — delivered her prophecies. See the reconstructed Athenian Treasury and the 5th-century BC stadium, the setting of long-ago musical contests and later, the Pythian Games — athletics competitions held every four years from 582 BC.
While you’re here, visit the Delphi Archaeological Museum. Explore the rooms of artifacts excavated at the site, viewing everything from sculptures of the athletes, to oracle offerings and a beautiful bronze statue of a charioteer. Take a break from your explorations for an included lunch in Delphi town. Visit a local restaurant and sit down to a delicious meal of Greek dishes.
When the time comes, return to Athens, where your tour finishes at the start point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Port or private apartment pickup are not available .
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Very important: Children , students aged 5 to 18 years old must hold passport or ID in order to get the discounted price. Otherwise they will pay entrance ticket to the Archaelogical sites or Museums.
- Most travelers can participate
- Guides allowed only through the mobile App to guide in the archaeological sites and museums
- Your guide will give you your entry tickets to the sites and museums
- Mask: is mandatory for clients and staff
- Hand cleaning: Visitors are asked to wash their hands regularly and use the hand sanitizers that are in place
- Social distancing: Maintain distance of 1.5 meters
- People with fever (≧ 37 ℃) with issues like cold, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, mild cough, or shortness breath cannot participate.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY CHAT Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Athens Super Saver: Athens Sightseeing Tour plus Delphi Day Trip.