3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Make the most of your time in Athens’ port with this private shore excursion. When your cruise ship docks, meet your private guide and set off to explore the Greek capital and its bevy of ancient sights. Get up close to the House of the Greek Parliament, the Zeus Temple and Hardian's Arch; traverse the paved streets of bustling Plaka (Athens Old Town); and head to the UNESCO-listed Acropolis of Athens’ summit for breathtaking views of Dionysious Sanctuary, Philopapos Hill, Herodion Theatre and Mars Hill.
- Private Walking Tour around Acropolis
- Enjoy spectacular views from the Parthenon, which crowns the Acropolis
- See archaeological exhibits at the Syntagma Metro Station
- Soak up the atmosphere of ancient Athens, as you explore the Plaka's paved streets
- Private, English-speaking tour guide
- Free port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour allows for a more personalized experience
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Saved to wishlist!
Port pickup and drop off
Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Food and drinks
Entrance fees (approx. 20 euros per person) payable in cash directly on the day of the tour
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Athens Walking Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Athens Shore Excursion: Private Acropolis Walking Tour?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Athens Shore Excursion: Private Acropolis Walking Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Athens Shore Excursion: Private Acropolis Walking Tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Athens Shore Excursion: Private Acropolis Walking Tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAthensBus Tours - KatakoloArchaeology Tours - KatakoloWalking Tours - KatakoloHistorical Tours - KatakoloHalf-day Tours - KatakoloBus Tours - SantoriniArchaeology Tours - SantoriniWalking Tours - SantoriniHistorical Tours - SantoriniHalf-day Tours - SantoriniBus Tours - IzmirArchaeology Tours - IzmirWalking Tours - IzmirHistorical Tours - IzmirHalf-day Tours - IzmirCategory
Frissiras MuseumAthens National Archaeological Museum (Ethniko Arxaiologiko Mouseio)Odeon of Herodes Atticus (Odeio Irodou Attikou)AnafiotikaPhilopappos Hill (Filopappou)University of AthensKotzia Square (Plateia Kotzia)Benaki MuseumNational History Museum (Ethnikó Istorikó Mouseío)Megalo KavouriMt. Lycabettus (Lykavittos)Cape SounionVouliagmeni Lake (Limni Vouliagmenis)National Library of Greece (Ethnikí Vivliothíki tis Elládos)Syntagma StationOnassis Cultural CentreGoulandris Natural History MuseumPiraeus Cruise PortAllou! Fun ParkHellenic Motor Museum