Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
Departure & Return
We will meet in the lower parking lot of Bent Creek Baptists Church. When you see the sign, keep driving until you see the large parking area near the road. You will see the Asheville Adventure vehicle there with the headlights on.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 participants are needed to run this tour
- Weather - Mountain weather is extremely unpredictable. We do our best to make sure the conditions are good for a sunrise but we cannot guarantee visibility on every trip. Fog and clouds can come through in minutes. As a result, clear viewing of the sunrise is not guaranteed, but we will try our best to get you to see the sunrise. If there is rain in the forecast for your tour, your guide will reach out before the trip to discuss alternative options such as moving to a different date. If the weather becomes dangerous and we must cancel the trip, you will receive a full refund.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Dress Warm! Always dress warmer than you think you need to. With swift changing weather and high elevations, it is often 15 degrees colder than the temperature in Asheville. Dress in layers, and bring an extra jacket, you can always leave it in the van if you are warm enough.
- Road Closures and Trail Conditions - This tour operated on National Forest land and on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Trails and roads could be closed at any time for a number of reasons. Sometimes we have a heads up about these changes but oftentimes we do not get much warning. If factors outside of our control affect our tour we will take an alternate route (road or trail) to still provide you with an amazing sunrise view. These alternate routes may require more or less hiking than the normal described route. In any event, your guide will communicate with you about the changes.
- Dogs - Dogs are such a joy to hike and explore with! You are more than welcome to bring your doggo along with us but we ask that you drive separately just in case there are any allergies. Also, the National Forest requires that all dogs are on leash at all times. If you plan to bring your dog, please let us know ahead of time.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Asheville Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms