- Explore the ancient cultures of Arica during this private tour
- Learn about the Chincherro culture at the Archaeological Museum San Miguel de Azapa,
- Check out a variety of local geoglyphs and archaeological sites
- Private guide for more personalized experience
- Great opportunity to learn about Chile's Pre-Columbian culture
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- TPA, Terminal Puerto Arica, Av. Cmdte. San Martín 14, Arica, Arica y Parinacota, Chile
What To Expect
Check out the unique wildlife area found at the mouth of the “Rio Llluta” before exploring some historic geoglyphs and the Colcas de Huaylacan site. After visiting the town of Poconchile, you’ll continue to the Archaeological Museum San Miguel de Azapa, allowing you time to delve more deeply into the region’s Chincherro culture.
You’ll also see the Cerro Sombrero archaeological site, visit the agricultural market ASOAGRO and enjoy scenic viewpoints from the “Morro de Arica” scenic overlook. At the end of the excursion you’ll be transferred back to your hotel or to the port. For a full run-down of the day’s planned itinerary, please review the details below.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Top Private Tours
If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Private Arica and Ancient Cultures Tour.