Explore our promoted experiences
- Sightseeing cruise on Lago de Atitlán including transportation from Antigua
- Admire the lake’s stunning volcanic scenery from the boat
- Cruise across the lake to the Tzutujil village of Santiago de Atitlán.
- Walk along Santander street in Panajachel with your local guide
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Start your trip with a pickup at 8am from your Antigua hotel, continuing with your guide to the town of Panjachel along the shores of Lake Atitlán. Upon your arrival at Panjachel, transfer to a boat for a sightseeing cruise of the incredible scenery visible on this amazing lake. Lake Atitlán, or Lago de Atitlán as locals call it, was formed by the eruption of the massive Los Chocoyos volcano thousands of years ago. In the many eons that have passed since this momentous event, several 9,000-plus-foot (3,000m) volcanoes such as Volcan San Pedro, Volcan Atitlán and Volcan Toliman have all risen up around its shores, lending the lake its stunning scenery.
Soon you’ll arrive at the colorful town of Santiago de Atitlán, home to the Tzutujil Maya people. Observe the unique way of life of the local residents, and take some time to browse the main street stores selling oil paintings, woven baskets and more before re-boarding your boat for the sightseeing trip back to Panjachel.
Once you’ve arrived in Panjachel, check out the village’s intriguing Santander Street, where you can shop for handmade crafts before stopping for lunch (at your own expense) at a nearby restaurant. Take time for some more shopping if you wish after lunch, before heading back to Antigua to conclude your day with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Guatemalan Adventure
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff