- 8-hour private trip to Madaba, Mt. Nebo, and Bethany from Amman
- Guided visit to the 6th-century Mosaic Map at Madaba’s St. George’s Church
- Tour Mt. Nebo, where Moses is said to have seen the Promised Land
- Explore Mt. Nebo church, home to ancient ruins and Roman and Byzantine floor mosaics
- Visit Bethany on the River Jordan, where Jesus is thought to have been baptized
- Tours by local guides at St. George’s Church and Mt. Nebo
- Entrance fees, private transport, and hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
On arrival, meet a local guide and visit St. George’s Church, the 19th-century home of the famous 6th-century mosaic that depicts the Holy Land of the time. Admire the detailed renderings of the Dead Sea, Jericho, and Jerusalem, and note how the map incorporates references to famous biblical locations.
Next, continue to Mt. Nebo, the mountain ridge where it’s believed Moses viewed the Promised Land before he died. Discover this holy place with a guide, admiring the panoramic views of the Jordan Valley, and on a clear day, to Jerusalem and Jericho, and view the modern sculpture of Moses’ staff.
Plus, take a tour of the mosaics at Mt. Nebo’s church, all dating from between the 4th and 6th centuries. Admire the still-vivid scenes of soldiers, horses, hunters, and animals such as peacocks and lions, and hear how and why they were created from your guide.
Then, continue to the east bank of the Jordan River and UNESCO-listed 'Bethany Beyond the Jordan.' Known as El-Maghtas in Arabic, this site is believed to be where Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist, and was sanctified as such by the Vatican and a visit by Pope John Paul II in 2000.
Soak in the sense of spirituality, and view the riverbank ruins of Roman and Byzantine churches, caves, and baptismal pools. Learn, too, how the site is held holy in Christianity, Judaism, and Islam as the place where Elijah is thought to have ascended to heaven.
Afterward, return to your Amman hotel, where your tour concludes.
Please note: the Bethany in this trip should not be confused with Bethany in Jerusalem, where it's believed that Mary Magdalene lived and Lazarus rose from the dead.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Order of visits may change for day tours with more than one visit as long as all sites completed.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- Tours with Dead visit swim suit is required.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Zaid Tours and Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff