- Evening tour of Alice Springs Desert Park
- Watch nocturnal animals in their natural habitat at night
- Use the provided headlamp to spot echidnas, mala, and bilby
- Learn from the guide about the wildlife of the Central Australian desert
Departure & Return
Meet our team in the courtyard
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your guide provides you with a specialized head torch for your tour, then sets out on the Mulga Walk, a large predator-proof enclosure that protects a desert habitat that is full of life. Observe some of Central Australia's endangered animals as they go about their nocturnal routines. You might see bilby, echidna, mala, and other creatures that are found around the foothills of the MacDonnell Ranges.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Tour departure time confirmed on booking
- Enclosed walking shoes required
- Warm clothing recommended in winter
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Alice Springs Desert Park
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Alice Springs Desert Park Nocturnal Tour.