- Sail into Eyjafjord to look for summertime humpback whales
- Watch for the humpbacks from cinema-style viewing platforms
- Thermal coveralls, raincoats, and blankets provided
- Indoor and outdoor seating, plus café and bar on board
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Then, board your spacious ship, Iceland’s only high-speed, specially modified whale watching vessel, and make use of the provided thermal overalls, raincoats, or blankets. The ship accommodates up to 200 passengers and provides unobstructed views of the seas from cinema-style viewing platforms.
As your ship sails, admire the rugged coastline of Eyjafjord, Iceland’s longest fjord. Drink in the surrounding, snow-capped mountains, and chat to the whale watching guides to learn about the humpbacks that visit the area. The summer sun brings a cornucopia of marine food into the fjord, triggering a feeding frenzy from these larger-than-life mammals.
Learn about the lifecycles of the humpbacks as your ship uses its speed to reach far and deep parts of the fjord, leaving no likely viewing area unexplored.
Scan the seas for whales, and with luck, enjoy some sightings of the mammals as they swim and breach in the waters. You’ll find ample indoor and outdoor seating for viewing the sea in comfort, plus a bar and café for refreshments (own expense).
Your cruise ends when you disembark at Akureyri.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that weather in Iceland is unpredictable and that the tour can be cancelled due to rough seas.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 190 travelers
- OPERATED BY Elding Whale Watching
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Whale Watching from Downtown Akureyri.
- "We saw a lot of whales and it was well worth it." See review