- 2-hour whale watching cruise from Akureyri
- Spot humpback whales, mink whales and white-beaked dolphins in their natural environment
- Admire the views along Iceland’s north coast
- Choice of different departure times throughout the day
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure Point: The pier by the HOF Cultural Center in downtown Akureyri Address: Oddeyrarbót 2, 600 Akureyri GPS: 65°40'59.8"N / 18°05'09.1"W
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
As you zip along Iceland’s north coast, listen as your guide points out natural wonders and local wildlife including sea birds. Make several stops along the way and if you’re lucky, get the chance to spot majestic humpback whales, as well as white-beaked dolphins, mink whales, and many other varieties of whale.
After around 2 hours at sea, return to Akureyri, where your tour ends back at the pier.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Not recommended for seniors (over the age of 65)
- Please note: You must be able to stand in your seat and fit into the provided overalls (max size XXXL) to participate in this tour
- Minimum height to participate is 57 inches (145cm)
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Elding Whale Watching
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Whale Watching Small-Group Tour from Akureyri.
- "Manage your expectations as we did and you'll have a great time." See review