- Full-day Diamond Circle tour from Akureyri
- Enjoy spectacular views of Lake Mývatn, Godafoss waterfall, and Dettifoss Waterfall
- Marvel at the dramatic landscapes of the Hverir geothermal area, Krafla Volcano, and Jökulsárgljúfur glacial canyon
- Great-value tour includes hotel pickup and round-trip transport
- Small-group tour limited to 8 people ensures a personalised experience
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
After making the first stop of the day at the mighty Godafoss Waterfall, continue to Lake Mývatn, where you’ll have ample time to take in the otherworldly scenery. Jump out to explore the geothermal area of Hverir and learn more about the region’s unique geology as you walk across the ancient lava fields, past smoking fumaroles and bubbling mud pools. Admire views of Mt. Námafjall and Krafla Volcano, and stop to take photos of the Víti crater.
After lunch (own expense), pay a visit to the Dettifoss Waterfall, famously the most powerful waterfall in Europe, measuring an impressive 148-foot (45 meter) high and 328-foot (100 meter) wide. Continue along the vast Ásbyrgi Canyon in the Jökulsárgljúfur National Park, and enjoy views over the horseshoe-shaped canyon, the Vesturdalur valley, and the legendary ‘Whispering Cliffs’ of Hljodaklettar. On the drive back to Akureyri, stop by Húsavík village, renowned for its geothermal hot springs.
After an unforgettable day exploring the Diamond Circle, return to Akureyri, where your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel around 7pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Longest walking time is 40 minutes
- Bringing Warm clothes, Good hiking shoes, Water bottle, Lunch pack is recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Star Travel Iceland
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.