8 to 9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore the Icelandic landscape around Lake Mývatn on this day trip from Akureyri by 4x4 Jeep. This area of northern Iceland is home to natural wonders like Goðafoss (‘Waterfall of the Gods’), Dettifoss (Europe´s most powerful waterfall) and Hverarönd (hot springs). See craters and lava formations, and be amazed by the incredible geology of this island in the Atlantic.
- Northern Iceland 4x4 tour from Akureyri
- Explore the country's incredible natural wonders, from waterfalls to craters
- Visit Goðafoss and Dettifoss waterfalls
- See the hot springs of Hverarönd and lava formations at Dimmuborgir
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Goðafoss waterfall (waterfall of the gods)
Dettifoss waterfall (Europe´s most powerful waterfall)
Hverarönd in Námaskarð (hot spring area)
Skútustaðagígar (pseudo craters area)
Unique lava formations in Dimmuborgir
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Hafnarstræti 89, Akureyri, Iceland
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Star Travel Iceland
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "With large tours, it can always a be a bit awkward not knowing anyone else." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Lake Mývatn and Powerful Dettifoss Day Tour from Akureyri
8 to 9 hours
8 hours 25 minutes
2 hours 25 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingAkureyriBus Tours - North IcelandCity Tours - North IcelandFull-day Tours - North IcelandCategory