- A half-day whale watching tour in Akureyri
- Listen to in-depth background on the thriving local ecosystem from your guide
- Choose from six different departure times for added flexibility in your travel schedule
- Get a peek at local bird life and spectacular landscapes, plus larger-than-life whales
Departure & Return
Meet us at our ticket office by Torfunefsbryggja harbour, no later than 15 minutes before departure. We're located only a few minutes walk from the down town area and right next to the big round building HOF - you can't miss it!
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and 12 yrs. and younger must wear a safety vest at all times.
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Whale guarantee or try again for free.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ambassador
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Whale Watching from the Heart of Akureyri.