3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Spend your time in port in Akaroa on a small-group shore excursion, sea kayaking around the harbor. Bask in the scenery of remote bays and inlets, and catch a glimpse of local marine life, including penguins, orcas, and endangered Hector’s dolphins. You’ll paddle for three hours with a guide through the basin of an extinct volcano and stop for a snack and swim at a coastal beach. This tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port.
- Small-group Akaroa sea kayak shore excursion
- Paddle to remote inlets and beaches in Akaroa Harbour
- Search the clear waters for penguins, orcas, and Hector’s dolphins
- Hear commentary from a kayak guide
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Saved to wishlist!
On water photographs
Transport to/from attractions
Departure & Return
Departure Point40F Rue Lavaud, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
If you are arriving via cruise ship our meeting point is outside the bowling club in Akaroa
- Akaroa i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 61 Beach Road, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
- Lyttelton Port of Christchurch, 41 Chapmans Road, Hillsborough, Christchurch 8022, New Zealand
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Akaroa Guided Kayaks
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "This was a nice, easy kayak trip in the bay." See review
Product code: 9811P3
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore Excursions4WD ToursSporting EventsWater ToursExtremePorts of Call ToursKayakingHalf-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingAkaroaShore Excursions - South Island4WD Tours - South IslandSporting Events - South IslandWater Tours - South IslandExtreme - South IslandPorts of Call Tours - South IslandKayaking - South IslandHalf-day Tours - South IslandShore Excursions - Christchurch4WD Tours - ChristchurchSporting Events - ChristchurchWater Tours - ChristchurchExtreme - ChristchurchPorts of Call Tours - ChristchurchKayaking - ChristchurchHalf-day Tours - ChristchurchShore Excursions - Blenheim4WD Tours - BlenheimSporting Events - BlenheimWater Tours - BlenheimExtreme - BlenheimPorts of Call Tours - BlenheimKayaking - BlenheimHalf-day Tours - BlenheimCategory