Explore our promoted experiences
- Private shore excursion in Marseille and Aix-en-Provence
- Explore Aix’s Old Town and walk down the elegant Cours Mirabeau boulevard
- Visit the Cézanne Studio to learn about the famous Post-Impressionist painter Paul Cézanne, a native of Aix
- See top Marseille attractions like Notre-Dame de la Garde and the Abbey of St. Victor with your guide
- Admire views of Château d’If, featured in Alexander Dumas’ novel The Count of Monte Cristo
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Your first stop is Cours Mirabeau, Aix’s chic central thoroughfare lined with 17th- and 18th-century mansions. Snap memorable photos of the rich architecture, ornate fountains and shade-speckled walkways as you make your way to Vieil Aix (Old Town). Wind through timeless streets and explore charming boutiques and squares. Afterwards, enjoy some independent exploring and perhaps visit the Atelier Paul Cézanne (own expense), Paul Cézanne’s final studio where the Aix-native created pieces like Les Grandes Baigneuses.
Next, return to Marseille for an exciting city tour. Wind through the colorful streets of France’s oldest city. From your seat, admire the gorgeous Notre-Dame de la Garde, a Neo-Byzantine Catholic basilica that rises from Marseille’s highest point. From this vantage point, catch sweeping views of Marseille’s patchwork rooftops, the sparkling Mediterranean Sea and the gorgeous Chateau d’If, the island fortress featured in The Count of Monte Cristo. Stop by the centuries-old and storied Abbey of St Victor before returning to port.
Your 7-hour tour ends with drop-off at your cruise terminal.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- If your ship has to leave at 4pm or earlier the departure time of the tour might need to be amended. You will be emailed by the local supplier to inform you of any changes if necessary
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please wait at the exit of the ship/cruise terminal, do not start to walk on the port area.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Provence Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Marseille Shore Excursion: Private Tour of Marseille and Aix-en-Provence.