The 92-foot (28-meter) long Salem Ferry has capacity for 149 passengers. Feel the wind on your face and enjoy the passing scenery from the upper and lower decks, or enjoy the comforts of the climate-controlled indoor lounge. The onboard galley serves a variety of breakfast and lunch items, such as sandwiches, hot dogs, pretzels, and snacks, as well as beverages such as juice, soda, beer, and wine.
Book your ticket ahead of time to guarantee your seat, as spots can sell out, particularly on weekends and holidays. For extra savings, book a round-trip ticket or a combo pass that includes the Salem Trolley.
Things to know before you go
- Bring a jacket or sweater, and sun protection if you plan to sit outside.
- Credit card transactions are sometimes not possible at sea, so make sure you have cash to make purchases from the galley.
- Pets are permitted onboard but must be leashed or kept in a carrier.
- Ferry passengers receive discounted transfers to the Harbor Islands Ferry and the BHC Water Taxi.
How to get there
The Salem Ferry departs Boston from Long Wharf and arrives in Salem at the Blaney Street Wharf. There’s plenty of free parking at the Blaney Street Wharf. In Boston, it’s best to take public transportation as parking can be expensive in the area. The nearest MBTA subway (the T) stop is Aquarium.
When to get there
The Salem Ferry runs from mid-May through the end of October, with at least four departures a day. In high season, more departures are sometimes added.
The Salem Trolley is a 1-hour narrated tour that stops at 14 different sites in the historical town. Top attractions include the Salem Witch Museum, the Peabody Essex Museum, the Witch Dungeon Museum, the Old Burial Point and Witch Trial Memorial, and the House of the Seven Gables. Tours run from April through October.
- Bezienswaardigheden in Massachusetts
- Bezienswaardigheden in Boston
- Bezienswaardigheden in Long Island
- Bezienswaardigheden in Brooklyn
- Bezienswaardigheden in New York City
- Bezienswaardigheden in Montreal
- Bezienswaardigheden in Philadelphia
- Bezienswaardigheden in Buffalo
- Bezienswaardigheden in Washington DC
- Bezienswaardigheden in Niagara Falls
- Bezienswaardigheden in Niagarawatervallen en omstreken
- Bezienswaardigheden in Williamsburg
- Bezienswaardigheden in Pittsburg
- Bezienswaardigheden in New York
- Bezienswaardigheden in Quebec