Top Yorkshire Historical Tours
75 results | All Yorkshire Tours
* A traveler said: "Great way to spend an evening in York! Fun and informative and Mackenzie made it a great atmosphere throughout the tour."
* A traveler said: "Amazing from start to finish, we got to feed and stroke lots of animals and the owl show was fantastic. We will definitely be returning."
* A traveler said: "Guide very knowledgeable, informative and amusing. Clear and easy to hear. Really enjoyed it. Couldn't believe how the guide remembered everyone's name. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to know some interesting facts about York's history and some of the well known and infamous characters."
* A traveler said: "The commentator - really fantastic knowledge along with good humour. Very entertaining. Lovely trip down the river Ouse, absolutely recommend."
* A traveler said: "Brilliant afternoon walking through the streets of old York, highly recommended it. Far greater than our expectations."
* A traveler said: "Great trip, Lee the driver very informative would recommend to go on this trip, fantastic scenery beautiful little villages,"
* A traveler said: "Fantastic tour, we loved every second, the conductor was brilliant! We really enjoyed it, the history was also fantastic."
* A traveler said: "The tour guide was very good, informative and entertaining. Good way to see the city would recommend to family and friends."
* A traveler said: "2 adults, a 16 year old and a 10 year old and we all had a great time. Cecil and Claire very knowledgeable and great hosts."
* A traveler said: "Great experience, great tour guide, great photo stop points and the stops planned have lovely villages. The guide was kind and caring and also got to know you as well as pointed out good places to visit whilst in different villages. Great trip to also go alone if you don’t have anyone to go with."
* A traveler said: "Very easy and interesting route to follow/ highly recommended!! We followed over two days and split in half- very easy to jump in and out."
* A traveler said: "The staff on board were friendly and attentive. The sandwiches and cakes were delicious. Captain Kris was informative and knowledgable throughout the tour. He went above and beyond, welcoming all tourists personally when boarding the cruise. He took time to ask and check in with each and every person. A very relaxing and enjoyable outing!"
* A traveler said: "Really enjoyed the ghost tour with our hen party, Dorian was absolutely fantastic at entertaining us with ghostly stories of York, plenty of humour and I jumped out of my skin a few times!! 🤣🤣 I’d definitely recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "Dave was extraordinarily knowledgeable and I really appreciated the detail he provided. He painted some wonderful historical scenes and did his best to make it an immersive experience."
* A traveler said: "Knowledgeable tour guide enjoyed learning about the history of Leeds. We would recommend the tour to get your bearings when new to the city."
* A traveler said: "Sarah our tour guide was very gd friendly+full of knowledge taking us to parts of town we hadn't been before."
* A traveler said: "Excellent trip and customer service. Ideal for solo travellers as well. Had a great time, enjoying the beautiful scenery. I loved visiting Abby and my only regret is that we couldn’t stay there a bit longer."
* A traveler said: "The guide was very informative about the local areas and its history. Always made sure we were OK and looked after us. Also gave good recommendations for the best places to eat along the journey."
* A traveler said: "Nick was fantastic, answered all our questions, gave us some fantastic history and cracked some funny jokes definitely recommend"
* A traveler said: "Amazing tour with Emily. The tour was very interesting and informative. Emily was a wonderful guide, extremely friendly, kind and knowledgeable. I learned a lot about York. I was lucky enough to be the only person on the tour, so it was very personalised. I would highly recommend this tour!"
* A traveler said: "We both had such an amazing time! John was so knowledgable and friendly. We experienced York in a way we wouldn’t have, if we didn’t do the tour! I would recommend to anyone especially if you want to learn about the Vikings history!"
* A traveler said: "Our top hat wearing guide Nigel was excellent. The tour was very informative and well paced. Why is this bl00dy box forcing me to write more? I hate these review things. You try to help by being honest but the system demands endless waffle is typed."
* A traveler said: "Excellent trip. Tour guide, Lee, from York though Moors & Dales to Lakes District & return was brilliant. Spent most of day with Lee. He was great! Friendly, informative, personable & thoughtful. Lisa who took us through Lakes District very good too. Very much enjoyed our day & the sights."
Frequently Asked Questions
- York's Chocolate Story
- Goddards House and Garden
- Beningbrough Hall
- York Army Museum
- York Maze
- York Brewery
- Yorkshire Museum
- Yorkshire Museum of Farming
- Forbidden Corner (Tupgill Park)
- Kilburn White Horse
- Jorvik Dig
- Wensleydale Creamery
- Mansion House
- York Dungeon
- Merchant Adventurers' Hall
- The Little Chocolate Shop
- York Cold War Bunker
- Eden Camp
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in North Holland
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in South Holland